Finally, to put what you have learnt into practice, let us consider a fictional, yet familiar, scenario that could occur at a motorsport event you could be involved with…
- You are the event director of a National Rally.
- An incident occurs in which a car collides with a group of spectators.
- Two spectators, a father and son, are killed instantly, while the co-driver is fatally wounded, dying later in hospital.
- The first marshal at the scene was a close friend of the competitor, and assisted the emergency services who tended to the injured parties.
- The event is cancelled following the incident.
Take time to consider how you would provide support to the following parties?
- The family of the killed spectators,
- The marshal who was first at the scene, and,
- The driver of the car involved in the incident.