Next Steps after Acknowledgement
Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt.
- These depend to a large extend on the nature and scale of the crisis
- In some cases a series of mini updates will be required.
- In most a detailed statement will be required
- And in some cases a press conference will be rquired
If casualties are moved to hospital then it is the role of the hospital to make statements re medical outcomes … not you
Sample follow tweet/statement in such cases:
A driver injured on Stage 7 of the X Rally has been removed to ABC Hospital following initial treatment at the scene of the accident by emergency teams.
Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo.
- Measures taken to address the issue
- If appropriate you are cooperating with relevant authorities
- Successful implementation of the emergency plan
- Stress the good safety record of motorsport
- If appropiate/nesseaary that a full enquiry will be carried out
- If necessary Family(ies) have been contacted
The ideal spokesperson:
- A senior official of the event ideally Clerk of the Course or Event Director
- event shirt
- Good event and motorsport knowledge
- Comfortable with the media ( ideally trained )
- Reherse statement
- Anticipate questions ( go to questions here or put see next slide ? )
- Don’t drink alcohol or coffee before
- Review media listening reports
- Easy access for media
- Event HQ
- Notice issued by press office to all media / accredited press on event.
- Do not allow non media attend
- Don’t look directly at the camera but do keep eye contact with reporters
- Do not use technical motorsport words the audience will not understand
- Deliver the important information first
- Try to speak in sound bites of 5-10 second clips that will facilitate selective editing afterwards
- Remember you are the expert
- Taking Questions
- Never speculate
- Do not provide additional information when responding that may provide additional negative oxygen for the story
- If you get a question that is outside your remit , say so perhaps directing the question to the appropriate source e.g. Hospital concerned