Who We Are
Who We Are
About Motorsport Knowledge Institute
The Motorsport Knowledge Institute (MKI) was established in 2011 as the dedicated education, training and research division of the Automobile and Touring Club of the United Arab Emirates (ATCUAE), the governing body of all motorsport in the UAE, and the national affiliate of the FIA, FIM, CIK, FIVA, IRU and IRU Academy.
The MKI has been awarded Gold level accreditation by the FIA Institute for Motorsport Safety and Sustainability and appointed as an international training provider (RTP) for both Official’s Safety Training and Young Driver Development programs.
As a global provider of motorsport training services, the MKI has now successfully completed more than 20 different projects across Middle East, Europe, Africa, Asia and South America. We deliver training across all motorsport disciplines and in multiple languages and specialize in grass-route programs and clubs development programs.
The MKI board represents a unique blend of academic and practitioner skills and is known for series of research on various safety issues within the industry.
The MKI core team is led by Mohammed Ben Sulayem, the ATCUAE President, FIA Vice President and 14-times Middle East Rally Champion, and includes:
- Sean O’Connor, MKI Chairman, 3O year experience in motorsport management and marketing
- David Hassan, Vice Chairman and Head of the School of Sport at the University of Ulster
- Ronan Morgan, 40 years in motorsport as a competitor, event organiser, promoter and senior trainer
- Gareth Davison, Professor of Exercise Biochemistry and Physiology at the University of Ulster
- Dr. Sean Petherbridge – Experienced CMO and Formula 1 Team doctor